Immigration Lawyers In Texas
Immigration laws determine who becomes a U.S citizen or who gets allowed to enter the country to become a student, worker, refugee, or permanent resident. Immigration affects states differently in terms of economics and population. It may lead to a state having to adjust how it does public services and law enforcement. For example, in some counties in Texas police are involved in finger printing and checking the criminal status of immigrants that are in the country illegally. If you are arrested for being an illegal alien, you will need an experienced immigration lawyer that understands your desire to live, work and stay in the United States.
People arrested for being in the U.S. illegally are presented before an immigration judge in a formal court proceeding. The judge decides whether you are to be allowed to remain in the U.S., removed or deported. The judge may grant any type of immigration relief or benefit to a foreign national and that individual’s immediate family. The Houston Immigration court has nine judges and it falls under the Jurisdiction of the Office of the Chief Immigration judge, which is part of the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR).
Cases Immigration Lawyers Handle In Texas
The types of cases immigration lawyers in Texas can assist you with include:
- Business immigration that involves companies and individuals that either want to apply for lawful permanent residence or temporary worker status based on an immigrant’s employment
- You may also be interested in Entrepreneur Immigration.
Family Based Immigration
- When the immediate family members of a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident wants to apply for citizenship in the United States. More on Family Based Immigration.
Employee Visas & Permanent Residency
- When applying for a visa for company employees or when applying for permanent residency status at the U.S. embassies or consulates
Citizenship & Naturalization
- When you qualify for naturalization and need help assembling all the needed documents
- When you to come to the U.S. to invest in at least 50 percent of a business or for international trade and need a visa
- When you are an asylum seeker because of persecution or well rounded fear of persecution. See also…Houston Asylum Attorneys
Any immigration issue you have can be handled by an experienced immigration lawyer in Texas. This includes applying for permission to travel, adjustment of status and even Green Card renewals.
The Immigration Process
You can immigrate through family, employment and on humanitarian grounds. For you to immigrate through family, you must have a family member that is either a citizen, holder of specific types of visas, or permanent resident of the United States. That family member can file a petition for their immediate family members that live in the U.S. or outside of the country.
To work in the United States you will need a high-skilled Visa such as the H-1B Visa. You can then apply to remain permanently in the United States. People who want to immigrate on humanitarian grounds include refugees or people that face persecution in their home countries. People who receive immigrant status have been granted permission to permanently reside in the United States. The immigration process is very complex, but an experienced immigration lawyer can help you to easily navigate the process by using different application strategies.