Welcome to the Texas Lawyers Anti-Tobacco Coalition
BIG TOBACCO has been duping Texans into ruining their health for decades. From marketing to children to lying about the harmful side effects of their products…it’s time Texas took a stand.
Join us in lobbying for a better future, a healthier, smoke free environment without the harmful side effects of tobacco products.
It’s never too late to quit smoking…
It’s never too late to quit. Stopping the use of any form of tobacco significantly improves your health and reduces your risk of lung disease, cancer, heart disease and numerous other smoking-related illnesses. The health benefits of quitting smoking today will surprise you. Did you know that you actually begin to feel the benefits of quitting smoking within as little as 20 minutes?
Tobacco use is the #1 cause of preventable deaths in the U.S. Quitting will not only benefit you, but it will benefit anyone else living with you, as you’re eliminating the damaging effects of secondhand smoke. -http://publichealth.harriscountytx.gov/Services-Programs/Services/TobaccoCessation
What is the Quit For Life Program?
The Quit For Life Program provides tobacco users the support and help they need to stay focused on their personal reasons for quitting. Those willing to make a quit attempt will receive:
- Multiple outbound coaching calls and unlimited toll-free access to a Quit Coach for the duration of the program
- Unlimited access to Web Coach®, an online community that offers e-learning tools, social support, and information about quitting
- Decision support for the type, dose, and duration of medication and direct mail order fulfillment, if appropriate
- A printed, stage-appropriate quit guide
- Tailored, motivational emails sent throughout the quitting process
After 6 months, quit rates are assessed by a follow-up call, when participants report the day they last used tobacco products. Participants who have not used tobacco in the last 30 days are considered quit. –http://www.acsworkplacesolutions.com/quitforlife.asp